5' John Deere Brush Hog Mower (3 Point)
- Standard stump jumper blade holder
- Dome-shaped top deck is smooth and easy to clean
- 3-point hitch hookup provides more strength
- Front and rear chain shields offer safety
John Deere rotary cutters lead the way with innovative design, superior performance, and proven durability. Valuable features are included such as the Double-Decker™ design and Max Flow cutting chamber, which prevent water and debris from accumulating on the smooth, dome-shaped top deck while the flat bottom deck absorbs the punishment from rocks and stumps.
The top deck stays smooth - no dents, no dings, no holes. The internal supports sandwiched between the top and bottom decks are key to the smooth and structure-free Max Flow cutting chamber, while at the same time provide added strength and durability.
To help promote safe operation, John Deere rotary cutters are equipped with front and rear safety-chain shields. John Deere rotary cutters continue to advance in value with larger, more powerful gearboxes, redesigned blade holders, and updated constant-velocity (CV) drivelines (special to the flex-wing models).
Here are situations when a rotary cutter is needed:
- Clipping pastures encourages grass growth, optimizing on valuable pasture acreage.
- Cutting grass and stocks helps control insects.
- Routine cutting keeps weeds from reseeding.
- It is the most cost efficient way to cut roadsides, parks, cemeteries, airport fields, hydro, gas, and telephone easements, and all other types of open properties.
- Cutting grass waterways encourages root development and helps prevent erosion.
- Knocking down stalks is essential in no-till and minimum-till fields.
- Shredding stalks such as cotton, corn, and milo speeds up decomposition.
- Clearing out brush is easy.
- Use a rotary cutter to control undergrowth and grass in orchards, vineyards, and groves.
John Deere rotary cutters are available in three duty-level categories, three different spindle configurations, four hitch types, and three flex-wing sizes.
- MX models are available in 1.5-m (5-ft), 1.8-m (6-ft), 2.1-m (7-ft), 2.5-m (8-ft), 3.2-m (10-ft), and 4.6-m (15-ft) cut widths.
- This duty-level category cuts brush up to 50.8 mm (2 in.) in diameter.
- HX models are available in 3.2-m (10-ft), 4.2-m (14-ft), 4.6-m (15-ft), and 6.1-m (20-ft) cut widths.
- HX6 is available in 1.8-m (6-ft) and the HX7 is available in 2.1-m (7-ft) cut widths; they cut brush up to 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter.
- CX models are available in 3.2-m (10-ft), 4.6-m (15-ft), and 6.1-m (20 ft) cut widths; they cut brush 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter.
NOTE: CX models are heavier built to cut at a 101.6mm (4 in.) capacity level more frequently and for longer durations.
Suction blade (standard equipment)
Suction blades provide additional lift action for picking up downed material. The blades are 1.3 cm x 10.2 cm (0.5 in. x 4 in.) in size and heat-treated for long wear life.
The fast blade-tip speed ensures clean cutting and fine shredding of material.
Front safety chains (MX6 shown)
Rear safety chains (MX6 shown)
Front and rear chain shields are standard equipment:
Five-year warranty on all flex-wing gearboxes
Five-year warranty on all rotary cutter gearboxes
John Deere is so confident in the reliability of the gearbox, the warranty has been extended. John Deere rotary cutters come with a 5-year limited gearbox warranty.
25 to 241 mm
1 to 9.5 in.
|Cutting chamber Depth||
|Tractor PTO HP range||
Minimum 19 kW
1; or convert to 2
3 (11) mm
0.118 (11) in.Lower
3 (11) mm
0.118 (11) in.
|Side skirt thickness||
0.25 (3) in.
6 (3) mm
ASAE Category 3
Continuous 56 kW
Peak 67 kW
|Blade tip speed||
|Material flow system||
Round stump jumper
Puncture proof laminated
|Row width adjustment||
Accessories and Attachments
Category II Conversion Kit - BW15128
iMatch Bushing Kit - BW15056
Cat. I Hitch Pin - W46506
Skid Shoe (weld on) - W46345
OPERATOR'S MANUAL, DECALS, AND LANGUAGE
French Operator's Manual and Decal Kit - BW14503
Spanish Operator's Manual and Decal Kit - BW15676
Front Safety Shield - BW14480
Rear Safety Shield - BW14483
36428 US HWY 69N Jacksonville Texas 75766