8' John Deere Brush Hog Mower (3 Point)
- Standard safety chain shields
- Standard stump jumper blade holder
- 3-point hitch quick-coupler (Category 2)
- Industry-exclusive Double-Decker™ frame design
John Deere rotary cutters lead the way with innovative design, superior performance, and proven durability. Valuable features are included such as the Double-Decker™ design and Max Flow cutting chamber, which prevent water and debris from accumulating on the smooth, dome-shaped top deck while the flat bottom deck absorbs the punishment from rocks and stumps.
The top deck stays smooth - no dents, no dings, no holes. The internal supports sandwiched between the top and bottom decks are key to the smooth and structure-free Max Flow cutting chamber, while at the same time provide added strength and durability.
To help promote safe operation, John Deere rotary cutters are equipped with front and rear safety-chain shields. John Deere rotary cutters continue to advance in value with larger, more powerful gearboxes, redesigned blade holders, and updated constant-velocity (CV) drivelines (special to the flex-wing models).
Here are situations when a rotary cutter is needed:
- Clipping pastures encourages grass growth, optimizing on valuable pasture acreage.
- Cutting grass and stocks helps control insects.
- Routine cutting keeps weeds from reseeding.
- It is the most cost efficient way to cut roadsides, parks, cemeteries, airport fields, hydro, gas, and telephone easements, and all other types of open properties.
- Cutting grass waterways encourages root development and helps prevent erosion.
- Knocking down stalks is essential in no-till and minimum-till fields.
- Shredding stalks such as cotton, corn, and milo speeds up decomposition.
- Clearing out brush is easy.
- Use a rotary cutter to control undergrowth and grass in orchards, vineyards, and groves.
John Deere rotary cutters are available in three duty-level categories, three different spindle configurations, four hitch types, and three flex-wing sizes.
- MX models are available in 1.5-m (5-ft), 1.8-m (6-ft), 2.1-m (7-ft), 2.5-m (8-ft), 3.2-m (10-ft), and 4.6-m (15-ft) cut widths.
- This duty-level category cuts brush up to 50.8 mm (2 in.) in diameter.
- HX models are available in 3.2-m (10-ft), 4.2-m (14-ft), 4.6-m (15-ft), and 6.1-m (20-ft) cut widths.
- HX6 is available in 1.8-m (6-ft) and the HX7 is available in 2.1-m (7-ft) cut widths; they cut brush up to 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter.
- CX models are available in 3.2-m (10-ft), 4.6-m (15-ft), and 6.1-m (20 ft) cut widths; they cut brush 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter.
NOTE: CX models are heavier built to cut at a 101.6mm (4 in.) capacity level more frequently and for longer durations.
Cross-section of patented Double-Decker design
The patented Double-Decker design provides strength and superior cutting performance while reducing top deck rust. Two welded decks, each 3-mm (1/8-in.) thick, form the upper and lower surfaces of the rotary cutter frame.
Internal stiffeners are sandwiched between the two decks, providing superior strength and rigidity.
The top deck is domed. Water, grass, and crop debris tend to roll off the deck, reducing water buildup and deck rust. The domed shape and smooth profile of the top deck also make the deck easier to clean when trash does build up in adverse conditions.
Unobstructed horizontal bottom deck
The bottom deck is the main defense against rocks and field debris. Therefore, the top deck is continuously protected from impacts and tends to retain its smooth form.
Because the stiffeners are located between the two decks, the underside of the bottom deck is perfectly smooth; there are no structural frame members to interrupt airflow. This improves both cutting performance and distribution.
Standard material flow deflectors help channel the cut material, further improving material distribution.
Five-year warranty on all flex-wing gearboxes
Five-year warranty on all rotary cutter gearboxes
John Deere is so confident in the reliability of the gearbox, the warranty has been extended. John Deere rotary cutters come with a 5-year limited gearbox warranty.
Round-pan blade holders (stump jumpers) are provided as standard equipment on most John Deere rotary cutter models. Stump jumpers increase the drivetrain reliability by providing protection against impacts such as stumps, rocks, and other obstacles.
Front safety chains (MX8 shown)
Rear safety chains (MX8 shown)
Front and rear chain shields are standard equipment:
Rubber element driveline with chain couplers
Rubber element connecting drivelines help absorb the sudden stress of impact loads. Chain couplers are used to maintain the driveline alignment.
A non-seize slip clutch used between the primary gearcase and power take-off (PTO) helps protect the driveline. Slip clutches feature a spring-compression adjustment used to ensure clutches are not seized.
Lift-type and semi-mount models feature an ASAE Category 4 driveline for added durability.
The pull-type model uses an equal-angle driveline for smoother, rattle-free turns.
A lightweight driveline with a lock-slide collar makes it fast and easy to attach.
The driveline provides long lubrication periods; a 50-hour cycle reduces maintenance time, making the cutting operation more efficient.
25 to 305 mm
1 to 12 in.
|Cutting chamber Depth||
|Tractor PTO HP range||
Minimum PTO pull-type, semi-mount, semi-mount hydraulic offset 30 kW
Minium PTO lift-type 37 kW
Pull-type, lift-type, semi-mount, semi-mount hydraulic offset (Pull-type has standard 10,000 lb; 4536 kg, safety tow chain)
2, 3, 3N
3 (11) mm
0.125 (11) in.Lower
3 (11) mm
0.125 (11) in.
|Side skirt thickness||
4.5 (7) mm
0.177 (7) in.
ASAE Category 4
Non-seize, slip-clutch driveline, pull-type has equal-angle Category 4
Shock absorbing shafts
Continuous 89 kW
Peak 97 kW
Continuous 56 kW
Peak 75 kW
|Blade tip speed||
|Material flow system||
Round stump jumper
Puncture proof laminated (Pull-type has severe-duty Ag tire option)
|Row width adjustment||
Yes, pull-type only
Accessories and Attachments
Lighting Kit (Tractor must have 7-Pin Electrical Outlet) - BW14472
Cat. I Hitch Pin - W46672
Skid Shoe (Weld On) - W45401
OPERATOR'S MANUAL, DECALS, AND LANGUAGE
French Operator's Manual and Decal Kit - BW14500
Spanish Operator's Manual and Decal Kit - BW15677
SMV EMBLEM AND SUPPORT
Slow Moving Vehicle (SMV) Emblem and Support - BW00381
Front Safety Shield - BW14467
Rear Safety Shield - BW14483
36428 US HWY 69N Jacksonville Texas 75766